With Thanksgiving coming up next week we have made sure to cover what we deem the most essential dishes in our latest blog posts, including instructions on how to deep fry your turkey, a recipe that gives an EPIC twist on the traditional pumpkin pie, and of course a warm side of EPIC Duck Fat Green Beans Amandine. Last but certainly not least is one of my personal favorites, EPIC Bone Broth Dressing, using Duck Fat and Turkey Cranberry Sage Bone Broth. With traditionally rendered Duck Fat and our time-tested, traditionally simmered Turkey Bone Broth this recipe overflows with the Thanksgiving taste that we all know and love.
- ⅓ cup EPIC Duck Fat
- 2 cups of yellow onions or diced leeks
- 3 quarts of slightly stale chewy bread, tear into 1-inch pieces (paleo or traditional bread works perfectly)
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese grated (omit for dairy allergies)
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped
- 1 pound of loose mild sausage
- 3 to 4 cups EPIC Turkey Cranberry Sage Bone Broth
- Salt to taste
- Optional: 3 cups of diced, roasted pumpkin, sautéed wild mushrooms, or diced, roasted apples
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Then melt 2 tablespoons of the EPIC Duck Fat in a sauce pan over low heat. Throw in the onions or leeks and then season lightly with salt until very tender. Once tender, remove from heat and cool. Then melt the remainder of the duck fat. After melted, mix the duck fat with the bread, onions or leeks, parmesan, sage and thyme in a large mixing bowl. Break the sausage into pieces the size of walnuts and then proceed to add 3 cups of EPIC Turkey Bone Broth. If you choose to add any optional ingredients, add them here. Gently mix and stuff your turkey with the mixture just before roasting.